home

Sunday, 26 June 2011

Baby blossoms and where did the last week go?

I don't know what happened to the last week. Every day seemed to be taken up without leaving me much time for crafting! As we go towards the final month of the school year everything normally goes haywire. School events, trips, etc.

I had a bit of a shock when i realised we needed to be looking round our local secondary schools for my son Dominic who is 10. It seems like only yesterday when he was starting school, reminding me how precious our time is with our children. I have so many lovely photo's of him. Mental note to self- i must do more scrapbooking!

As i haven't made many cards this week i have chosen a card i made as a swap for the last team training day i attended last April ran by the lovely Monica.

I love concord crush, which is one of Stampin' Up!'s in colors.
I stamped the image from the mini catalogue's Baby blossoms set onto a frame from the 'four frames' stamp set, (also from the mini).
I used SU's craft white ink. A bit of sparkle came next with some dazzling diamonds glitter onto the flowers.
The next mat was embossed with the perfect polka dots embossing folder and then matted onto in-color concord crush DSP. On the the final mat i used  SU's  eyelet border punch. The sentiment is from the level 3 hostess set, 'occasional quotes'. The butterfly comes from the embosslits 'beautiful wings'.



Another of my swaps is made using the SU pillow box die, So swirly wheel, lots of tags label 3 die, square lattice textured impressions embossing folder and a sentiment from 'occasional greetings' stamp set. My favourite concord crush ink again and a little pear pizzaz card add a little contrasting colour.

I'm hoping next week will be more productive. Thanks for looking and hope you all have a creatively productive week too. Now, about that scrapbooking......

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Tina. Like you i seem to have had so little time for crafting. The monthly Christmas challenge for June is nearly over and i haven't made a single card, that is the first time this year that i haven't made anything, what is going on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think living in the current social climate in this country just zaps it all. In my dreams i live in the countryside and look after chickens.
    In reality, my allotment is overgrown and i desperately need to dye my hair. Never seem to catch up with myself. Seems we both need a holiday.x

    ReplyDelete