home

Sunday, 19 June 2011

Fresh cuts class

Its been a busy weekend here in the Faghy household. We had a trip to our hometown of Nottingham to visit our two fathers on saturday. Going back is always nice but a sad reminder of what we have left behind.

I managed to organise my 12x12 papers into my new stackable trays and had a good clearout of some too.
Much more organisation is still needed though. Too much stuff!!! I really need to slim it all down- my children will be happy recipients though.

For my last class on friday we had a fun time making a set of cards using Stampin' Up!'s Fresh cuts stamp set. This is a versatile set which i like as it combines floral images and sentiments, (always useful!).
I kept the colours simple with rich razzleberry ink on very vanilla card.
We added some shimmer to our first card, which you can't see here, but looks lovely when it hits the light.
On our next card a couple of the ladies commented on how very  quiet the room had gone as they were concentrating intensely on cutting out their flowers. Normal chatty levels soon resumed though as they finished. They are such friendly ladies and i always enjoy my classes with them.
The stamp-a-ma-jig came in very useful for stamping the border down the side.
We finished off by adding some basic pearls to give a classy look to the card.

On our final card i added some extra colour with some pear pizzaz ink. I also added some bling with some basic rhinestones. It is a very simple thankyou card.
Right, i'd better get back to the usual sunday evening routine of getting everyone fed and bathed. Back to work, school and nursery for my family tomorrow, and as it will be monday, that means a peaceful morning for me to do some crafting....perfect.

3 comments:

  1. These are stunning. I've always overlooked this stamp set in the catalogue. I'll have to have a rethink when I next put an order in. Really beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete