home

Saturday, 10 September 2011

ILWS Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to the ILWS Blog Hop.
 Thankyou for joining me from Sarah-Jane's Blog. There have been lots of fabulous projects so far and more to come. If you want to start at the beginning of the hop then go to Alisons Blog.

One of my favourite stamp sets has to be 'Fresh cuts' and i just had to use this set for my project today.


Starting with a white base card i stamped the vine flower image in a vertical line using my trusty stamp-a-ma-jig and versamark watermark pad. I embossed the image using Stampin' emboss' white powder. Then using Bashful Blue ink and sponge daubers i sponged the ink lightly over the embossed area to give a resist effect.

For the next layer i used the 'en francais' stamp and Bashful Blue ink again. This was matted onto Night of Navy cardstock.
I added Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, (which is also retiring).

The main image was stamped using Night of Navy ink onto Whisper white cardstock. Then i set to with my sponge daubers and ink again to lightly place colour onto the image. I used Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Daffodil Delight ink for this. Although you can't see very well from the photo i added some shimmer mist spray for sparkle.

Finally the sentiment from the set was stamped using Night of Navy again and placed onto a scallop oval punched from! ( you guessed it!), Night of Navy!


For my next card i used the same colour theme although this time i used textured Very Vanilla cardstock as my background.



The vine image was stamped in Night of Navy this time again with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig.

The main image was coloured in more deeply this time. I used my waterbrush and Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery and Old Olive ink pads.  Sponge daubers and Night of Navy ink provided a softer sponged look to the top and left of the image.
I distressed the edges this time and mounted onto textured Very Vanilla cardstock and then onto a night of Navy Mat.
I added the sentiment as before and three small flowers.
Basic pearls finish off the card.


Right, that is all from me. I hope you like them.

Now it's time to move on to Sally's Blog for some more lovely creations.

Tina.xx

11 comments:

  1. TIna - this is a beautiful card. I forgot how nice that stamp set is! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards Tina. Such detail !! Thank you for taking part in the blog hop. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and elegant cards. I love the colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, really elegant. Love that colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your cards! TFS! I am a new follower and would be honored if you would check out my blog and follow me as well at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina... these are stunning... I just love this set, it was one my first sets bought through Stampin' Up! I will miss it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and the colours on your fresh cut images are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards using another set I didn't get! Love the embossed and sponged design down the first card, very pretty:-)
    Hugs, Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours in this card, might have to case your idea! TFS Dx

    ReplyDelete