home

Monday, 24 October 2011

Easy events in 'pool party'

Hello  and apologies for my lack of posts this week.
 It has been a bit hectic here recently and my crafting had to take backstage for a bit. The children are now on their half term holidays, which is great for not having to rush out in the mornings (especially when it is cold!), but not so great for my free time which reverts to zero till after 8pm and then i'm usually too tired. A throat infection hasn't helped either but all should be back to normal soon.

I have a quick and easy card for you today made with the new 'Easy Events' stamp set.
I have embossed the Pool Party card blank with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.
The flower image was stamped using black stazon ink and coloured using Stampin' markers in Wild Wasabi and Pretty in Pink. Next i applied Stampin' Up! Crystal effects to the flower for a glazed effect.

The Pool Party border was punched with the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. I can't rave enough about this punch. It punches both sides out at the same time and now you can have a ribbon effect border in any colour you want! Quick and easy.
I have placed a white strip of card behind the ribbon border to add to the effect.
The central flower is made using the new Lace Ribbon Border Punch. I have cut one flower from the strip and placed a white 1" circle behind it before applying to the centre of the border.
A basic rhinestone finishes off the card.

I made a few of these thankyou cards to give to my lovely customers and enjoyed making them.
I will have some more cards to show you next time, made using more stamps from the same set, only hopefully you wont have to wait so long for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment