home

Monday, 23 January 2012

Another male card

Hi there!

As promised i have another male themed card for you. This is one i made for my son to give my husband for his birthday.

Now the design for this card is based on one we made at our quarterly training. The original version was designed by the lovely Monica Gale. I have tweaked it a little to make it man-friendly!

The stamp set i have used for the main image and the sentiment is called 'Create a Cupcake'.
This is a great new set from the new mini catalogue and has a new co-ordinating cupcake builder punch to go with it.

The base card is Soft Suede. I have used my Stampin' Around 'textured' wheel with Soft Suede ink on the edges of the card.

A strip of Soft Suede spotty DSP was placed on a piece of Early Expresso card of which i have punched the lower edge with the Scallop Border Punch. I stamped the sentiment using Early Expresso ink.

The cupcake case was stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock.
I punched out the image with the small scalloped circle punch. The frosting was stamped with Soft Suede ink(to get the lighter inked image i stamped firstly onto my grid paper and then, without re-inking, i stamped it straight onto vanilla card). The sprinkles were stamped on top using Soft Suede ink. This was then punched out using the cupcake builder punch and applied using a dimensional.

The Soft Suede label behind the cupcake was made using the decorative label punch. I ran the Stampin' Around 'textured' wheel over this too.

To finish i used a small button from my SU retired neutrals button stash and some linen thread.

Such a quick easy card to make.

Thanks for looking and take care.

Tina.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment