home

Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Birthday card for a man

Good morning!
I hope today finds you all a little warmer. It has been almost too cold to go into my crafty conservatory and craft over the last few days, however, thanks to my heater, i did manage to get in there to make a birthday card for my husband.



I have used the gorgeous 'Mocha Morning Speciality' papers for this card. They are so lush and classy but also great for men's cards as you can see. I have had these for a while now  but they hadn't made it onto a card because i spent all my time stroking and admiring them. Some have flocking and some have metallic ink. Still, i consoled myself with the thought that i can always buy some more!

The stamped image comes from the hostess set 'Happiest Birthday Wishes', a great set of 11 ways to stamp 'Happy Birthday'. You can get this stamp set by hosting a Stampin' Up! party.
I have used early Expresso ink for all the stamping and it is also the card stock colour.

The vanilla background card was distressed around the edges using Early Expresso ink.

I have embossed the card mats using the square lattice folder- another brilliant one for men!
The border was made using the scallop trim border punch and i added some linen thread and a glimmer brad.

The husband sentiment was punched out using the word window punch and mounted onto a modern label punched out background. Finally two expresso brads finish it off.

I do have some more men's cards to show you as i had to make a couple of cards for two of my children to give him. The other children insisted on making his cards themselves- they have caught the crafting bug too!

Thanks for looking and take care
Tina.xx

2 comments:

  1. Do i spy some distressing Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little- but then i always get a little distressed over cards for men! Lol:-)

    ReplyDelete