home

Thursday, 16 February 2012

Frosty cherries...Fruit and flowers

Well I'm really enjoying this milder weather. It makes me think of spring and summer, which sort of influenced the card i made yesterday.

The cherry stamp comes from the Fruit and Flowers set in the new spring mini.
 I have used poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade ink. The cardstock is Whisper white and again Poppy Parade.
The background was embossed with the Perfect polka dot embossing folder and the border is made using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch. The Lucky limeade ruffled ribbon adds a bit of contrast.

On each of the cherry images i added  a frosty edge to the square they are stamped on.
I achieved this by inking all four edges with versamark and sprinkling on Stampin' Up!s! Heat and Stick powder. I then, heated the powder with the heat gun before, quickly, sprinkling the edge with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and then reheating again. Voila! a glittery edge which doesn't rub off.
Hopefully you can see the effect here in the next photo...

The sentiment on the card comes from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set.

I quite enjoyed doing that frosting. I think i will go and see what else i can add frosting to....strawberries, cupcakes,... hmmm.....food..time for lunch i think!

Thanks for visiting.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment