home

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

I {heart} hearts....Valentines!

Hello there. I hope you all had a lovely Valentines day yesterday!

Today i have a Valentines day card for you... i know it is a little late for this year now, but i thought i would share it anyway...

I have used the I {heart} hearts stamp set.
The hearts were stamped using Cherry Cobbler (middle one) and Early Expresso ink onto Soft Suede cardstock.
I cut them out and placed a glimmer brad on each one.
The Early Expresso brads come from the basics pack and the red Poppy Parade one comes from the in color pack.

The base card is Early Expresso. I have used my scoreboard to emboss two sets of two horizontal lines about 4cm apart. In between i placed a strip of my favourite paper from the Mocha Morning Speciality set.
Next i wrapped some linen thread around the card a few times and tied a knot at the front. Then i placed my three hearts in position using dimensionals.

Finally the 'Love' sentiment comes from the Pennant Parade stamp set. I inked the stamp with Versamark, stamped onto Expresso cardstock and added Gold embossing powder and heated it with the heat gun.
This was punched out using the Word Window punch and  placed on a piece of Soft Suede cardstock which had been punched out using the Modern label punch.

I am loving these new glimmer brads. I have just ordered the subtles pack and am looking forward to using them as soon as they arrive. And i am eagerly awaiting my free Sale-a-bration sets too.....more cards made with these stamp sets to follow.

Take care and thanks for visiting.

Tina.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment