home

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Flirtatious Flowers

Hi there

Today's card is named so, because i have used the Flirtatious Speciality Papers for the background and flowers, because there are quite a few of them! Well it is Spring!

The card is based on the challenge set by the http://simplystampinchallenge.blogspot.com sketch challenge for the week 3rd March. I didn't enter as i don't have the courage to do such things but maybe one day i will. It was fun to play along though.

The overall colourway is Melon Mambo, Early Expresso and Whisper White.

I used the Square latticed embossing folder to emboss the Flirtatious DSP in the background....i keep doing this at the moment.....I'm sure the impulse to emboss everything with Square Lattice will probably end soon when i find a new Stampin' Up! tool to rave over!

I have used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch for the horizontal strip at the top and textured Melon card for the vertical border strip.

The Large Melon flower is made by punching several flowers out using the Fancy Flower punch. I then, scrunched each one up until the layers of the cardstock begin to separate. If you are careful, you can peel the layers off and put them together to get a nice distressed looking flower.
As i was going for a distressed look i chose an Antique brad for the flower centre.

The sentiment comes from the Sincere Salutations stamp set. For the Melon frame around the sentiment i have used the Oval Designer Frame embossing folder.

I finished off the card by punching flowers using the Boho Blossoms punch and one of the Itty Bitty punches. I placed a metallic brad in the middle of each.

I hope you like it, however, i am going to set myself a challenge to make a card without using the Square Lattice folder, i think. However i can make no promises........

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card and you really should have entered the challenge - I enter my cards there regularly and they don't bite - honest!
    Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! thankyou Jacqueline for your lovely comment. I will think about entering, i guess its because i have never entered anything like that before but i suppose once i've done it, it won't be so hard next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and you really should have entered the challenge. Challenges are great fun :D

    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete