home

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Don't be shocked....but i have gone festive!

Hi there.
Well the last couple of days have been challenging when it came to getting any time to craft, let alone blog. My kiddiwinks are starting to get bored and with the weather not being brilliant, i have been busy trying to keep them occupied.

But here we are....and i know...Christmas...but i was sort of working towards it, wasn't i?
This card isn't too different in style to the cards i have been making recently. Similar colours and the large background 'En Francais' stamp. It just sort of evolved because i thought 'how can i use a non-Christmas stamp set and make it Christmassy?'

So i came up with the lovely 'Everything Eleanor' stamp set.

The 'En Francais' stamp was inked up with More Mustard ink first. Then i added accent colours of Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler using my Stampin' Write markers directly onto the stamp before stamping onto Very Vanilla cardstock.

This was matted onto Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green cardstock.

The label stamp was inked up with Crumb Cake ink and the 'Seasons Greetings' sentiment (from the Curly Cute stamp set) was stamped using Early Expresso ink.

The flowers are inked up with Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green ink. I have also heat embossed some with gold and cut them out.

I have finished the card off with some Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon (can't stop using it at the moment...need to get more!) and an Antique Brad.

I am hoping that i have dealt with the need to do Christmas for a bit now. I just need some nice sunny weather to help me revert back to more Summery cards, after all, it is still August!

Thanks for visiting today. I hope the sun shines soon for you too!

Hugs
Tina.xx

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Tina :) I too haven't got into my craft room much bar making a new arrival card to order, i have another order from that one but my craft room is such a muddle i need to clear some space to make some space lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie this is amazing, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete